[Pacemaker] ifstatus OCF RA

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Tue Feb 22 08:01:25 EST 2011

Hi Dejan,

22.02.2011 13:02, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where can you get STP stuff from? How to interpret it? And then

Please look at attached RA.

I decided that today is a good time to finally brace myself to find 5
hours to write it, thanks Frederik ;) .
Tested, "works for me" (c) in that configuration I talked earlier - STP
bridge over 1x10Gbps eth + 2x1Gpbs bond.
(Hopefully) Supports any combination of bridges, bonds, vlans and
physical ethernet interfaces.
Tries to guess correct upstream bridge ports, can't test it more
thoroughly due to absence of more switch hardware (I currently have only
one c3570x stack per cluster).
May require some additional checks to be included.
Also it is linux-specific and requires bash because of my laziness and
fact that I mainly use Fedora which has nothing against bash yet.
Can be considered for inclusion in resource-agents (with common license,
GPLv2?).

> how do you know it's something that won't change within next five
> minutes? Finally, every failover can incur downtime, is it worth
> the trouble because what you want is just more performance?

This could be controlled by non-inf location score and f.e. time-based
stickiness.
Anyways, I'd better have 10 seconds lockup rather than 10Mb/s per-client
read for long time when second cluster node (32 disks in HW RAID10) is
able to easily give another 250-400Mb/s of aggregate throughput.

> Perhaps you don't even need the extra performance at the time.

This depends on what SLA I provide services with...

> Other than that it sounds interesting :-)

Then, please look at the implementation ;)

Best,
Vladislav