[Pacemaker] ifstatus OCF RA

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Tue Feb 22 00:34:04 EST 2011

Hi,
21.02.2011 22:29, Florian Haas wrote:
> On 02/21/2011 08:00 PM, Frederik Schüler wrote:
>> Hello *,
>>
>> as the various ocf:*:ping[d] incarnations don't meet my specific needs,
>
> May I ask why and how?

I was thinking about writing something similar. I need this in a quite
complex networking setup, where one 10Gb iface and bonding on two 1Gbps
ifaces are both members of a STP-enabled bridge. 10G is a preferred STP
path. Cluster exports iSCSI luns backed by DRBD. What I need is to
prefer node which has 10G path working for such exports. pingd is unable
to help here. Although for my needs simple link status is not enough, I
need to look at STP information too, this RA (didn't look at code yet)
should be a good starting point for me.

>> wrote a small RA using ethtool to detect a network link failure, in order to
>> trigger a failover.
>
> Well, what if the link is up but there's an upstream problem? I've
> always liked how ocf:pacemaker:ping actually monitors connectivity to an
> upstream IP, which covers both immediate link failure and upstream
> problems. Similar to how in active/backup bonding, you can fail over
> based on the status of an ARP request, rather than MII link status.

Two RA's could be combined, we can have two location constraints with
different attributes, no?

Best,
Vladislav