[Pacemaker] Cluster from scratch errata Was: First confused (then enlightened ? :)

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Mon Feb 21 04:37:48 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Michael Schwartzkopff
<misch at clusterbau.com> wrote:
> On Monday 21 February 2011 10:06:56 Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 10:23 PM, Carlos G Mendioroz <tron at huapi.ba.ar>
> wrote:
>> > Page 14, start OpenAIS on first node
>> >        /etc/init.d/corosync start
>> >
>> > I've just installed from sid (1.0.10-5) on Ubuntu Lucid.
>> > The init.d script checks for /etc/default/corosync for START=yes
>> > and it is installed as START=no, so it silently finishes w/o starting.
>>
>> Well thats dumb.
>
> No.

Yes - because the system is ignoring the admin.

Yes^Yes - because its doing so silently.

If I run "/etc/init.d/corosync start" the system had better try and
start corosync.
Or at least give some sort of feedback to indicate why it didn't.

> That is the debian way to protect you from shooting yourself in your foot.

Wonderful, the Debian version of Clippy.