[Pacemaker] how to configure active/active?

Robert van Leeuwen vanleeuwen at stone-it.com
Fri Feb 18 03:33:39 EST 2011

> hi everybody How to configure active/active deployment mode? Deployment diagram
> in appendix. I found the active/active configure example are associated with
> GFS2 filesystem, and only use one ip address. i find some active/active example
> is use GFS2 filesystem. and only use one ip address. In my program there, I
> need to use two IP addresses(192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2). When a machine(eg:
> 192.168.1.1) down, another machine take over the IP address 192.168.1.1. My
> LDAP data synchronizathion using LDAP own synchronizathion . Not DRDB or GFS2.
> thanks!

You probably could set op 2 floating IP's e.g. 192.168.1.3 and 192.168.1.4 each with a preference for a node.

However, if you're LDAP clients are configurable for multiple LDAP servers it would not add much functionality.
(simply let the client handle failover to secondary ip)
If they aren't wouldn't it be nicer to setup a loadbalancer?
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

Greetings,
Robert van Leeuwen