[Pacemaker] [Linux-HA] Solved: SLES 11 HAE SP1 Signon to CIB Failed

Tim Serong tserong at novell.com
Mon Feb 14 18:28:50 EST 2011

On 2/9/2011 at 09:49 PM, <Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk> wrote:
> > So I compared the /etc/ais/openais.conf in non-sp1 with
> > /etc/corosync/corosync.conf from sp1 and found this bit missing which
> > could be quite useful...
> >
> > service {
> >         # Load the Pacemaker Cluster Resource Manager
> >         ver:       0
> >         name:      pacemaker
> >         use_mgmtd: yes
> >         use_logd:  yes
> > }
> >
> > Added it and it works. Doh.
> >
> > It seems the example corosync.conf that is shipped won't start
> > pacemaker, I'm not sure if that's on purpose or not, but I found it a
> > bit confusing after being used to it 'just working' previously.
>
> Ah.  Understandably confusing.  That got fixed post-SP1, in a
> maintenance update that went out in September or thereabouts.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tim
>

> --
> Tim Serong <tserong at novell.com>
> Senior Clustering Engineer, OPS Engineering, Novell Inc.
>

> -------
>
> Thanks Tim.
>
> Although the media that can be downloaded *now* from Novell downloads
> still has this issue, so any new clusters will fall foul of it.
> Generally with a test build you won't perform updates as it burns a
> licence you would need for the production system. Should the
> downloadable media have the issue fixed?

With the disclaimer that I haven't tried this myself lately... :)
On this page:

  http://www.novell.com/products/highavailability/eval.html

It says:

  Please note: Once you login, your evaluation software will
  automatically be registered to you. You will be able to
  immediately access free maintenance patches and updates online
  for a 60-day period following your registration date.

So apparently new users should be able to get the latest maintenance
updates.

Regards,

Tim