[Pacemaker] Failover configuration with apache

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Wed Feb 9 16:44:02 EST 2011

hi,

On 09.02.2011 08:43, u.schmeling at online.de wrote:
> I don't use ocf:heartbeat:apache because of my special configuration:
>
> apache is active on both nodes, the access is via haproxy, we have an
> url http://localhost:80 which accesses the local apache via ssl and
> delivers a static page (returning a fix text).

ok - i do not fully understand what you're exactly doing - but
as ocf:heartbeat:apache is highly configurable (binary, port, config
file, testurl, test regex, envfiles, statusurl, etc.),
it should be possible to use it.

if not, we should probably adapt the ra ;)

> So if we switch over, the stop action does an apache_force_reload and
> sets the current node to standby. The new active node performs an
> apache_start (to be sure apache is running) and a force_reload to
>
> establish the virtual ips. /etc/init.d/apache2 without any parameter
> gives no output. The output of file -k /etc/init.d/apache2 gives
> /etc/init.d/apache2: ASCII English text

it seems like /etc/init.d/apache2 is not an lsb compatibly init script.
can you post the script to a pastebin service and/or verify if it
is actually doing what you expect it to do (read: check against [1])

cheers,
raoul

[1]
http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.0/html/Pacemaker_Explained/ap-lsb.html