[Pacemaker] Several problems with simple virtual-IP config

Wed Feb 9 04:16:41 EST 2011

Am 08.02.2011 19:17, schrieb Michael Schwartzkopff:
> On Tuesday 08 February 2011 18:03:31 Klaus Darilion wrote:

>> 3. Now, server1, hosting the virtual-IP, loost connectivity to the ping
>> target (I inserted a firewall rule) -> The virtual-IP stayed with server1.
>>
>> Now I put server2 online again: # crm node online server2.
>> That means, server2 is online and has ping connectivity, server1 is
>> online and doesn't have ping connectivity. But the virtual-IP stayed
>> with server1:
>>
>>   Online: [ server1 server2 ]
>>
>>   failover-ip     (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr):        Started server1
>>    Clone Set: clonePing
>>        Started: [ server2 server1 ]
>>
>> What do I have to change in the config to have here a failover to server2?
>
> What are the pingd scores for each node? You can display it with
> crm_mon -1f

Hi Michael!

Another scenario which I do not understand:

1. Corosync only started on server1, not started on server 2:

	Online: [ armani ]
	OFFLINE: [ bulgari ]

	failover-ip     (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr):        Started armani
	 Clone Set: clonePing
	     Started: [ armani ]
	     Stopped: [ pingtest:1 ]

	Migration summary:
	* Node armani:

2. Now i block armani's PINGs. After 5 seconds the score changes:

	Online: [ armani ]
	OFFLINE: [ bulgari ]

	failover-ip     (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr):        Started armani
	 Clone Set: clonePing
	     Started: [ armani ]
	     Stopped: [ pingtest:1 ]

	Migration summary:
	* Node armani:  pingd=10

After 5 more seconds the score changes again:

	Online: [ armani ]
	OFFLINE: [ bulgari ]

	failover-ip     (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr):        Started armani
	 Clone Set: clonePing
	     Started: [ armani ]
	     Stopped: [ pingtest:1 ]

	Migration summary:
	* Node armani:  pingd=0

So, why isn't there a pingd score at all after startup?

When the pings are blocked, why is 5 seconds later suddenly a pingd
score of 10?

Thanks
Klaus