[Pacemaker] Several problems with simple virtual-IP config

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Wed Feb 9 03:48:16 EST 2011

On 2011-02-09 09:25, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Am 08.02.2011 19:17, schrieb Michael Schwartzkopff:
>>> Then I changed node server2 to standby: # crm node standby server2.

>> No. The clone instances are pingtest:0 and pingtest:1.
>
> So, when a clone instance is started, the server's name is displayed,
> and when a clone instance is stooped the instance's name is displayed,
> somehow inconsistent?

I believe you're operating on the assumption that clone instances are
somehow tied to particular nodes, which they are not.

Pacemaker has no crystal ball. It has no way of knowing what node the
instance is going to be started on next.

You could have an 8-node cluster and a clone limited to two instances
(with meta clone-max=2). Then you'd have instance IDs 0 and 1, and only
one instance running (for whatever reason), and the currently stopped
instance would next run on one of 7 different nodes. Why should
Pacemaker display all 7 node names?

Hope this clears things up.

Cheers,
Florian