[Pacemaker] crm_resource don't add new resource correctly

Janec, Jozef jozef.janec at hp.com
Fri Feb 25 10:22:52 EST 2011

Hello All,

I have installed pacemaker-1.1.2-0.2.1, and when I try add some resource in to my cib configuration via crm_resource

Example:

cat fs.xml
<primitive class="ocf" id="fs" provider="heartbeat" type="Filesystem">
 <instance_attributes id="fs-instance_attributes">
   <nvpair id="fs-instance_attributes-device" name="device" value="/dev/vgSHARED/lv01"/>
   <nvpair id="fs-instance_attributes-directory" name="directory" value="/mnt/shared"/>
   <nvpair id="fs-instance_attributes-fstype" name="fstype" value="ocfs2"/>
</primitive>

Via command:

cibadmin -o resource -C -x fs.xml

and after that I check the configuration via cibadmin -Q the new resource is added at the end

          </lrm_resource>
        </lrm_resources>
      </lrm>
    </node_state>
  </status>
  <primitive class="ocf" id="fs" provider="heartbeat" type="Filesystem">
    <instance_attributes id="fs-instance_attributes">
      <nvpair id="fs-instance_attributes-device" name="device" value="/dev/vgSHARED/lv01"/>
      <nvpair id="fs-instance_attributes-directory" name="directory" value="/mnt/shared"/>
      <nvpair id="fs-instance_attributes-fstype" name="fstype" value="ocfs2"/>
    </instance_attributes>
  </primitive>
</cib>

Not to the

<resources>
</resources>

I have to dump the config file

cibadmin --cib_query > /tmp/tmp.xml

move the lines in to <resource> </resource> and replace the config

cibadmin --cib_replace --xml-file /tmp/tmp.xml

Is this bug or I have some wrong parameter?

Best regards,

Jozef

Jozef Janec
UNIX Delivery Lead
EAO Tower - UNIX 3rd line

HP Slovakia - ITO Global Center
Galvaniho 7; P.O.Box 43
820 02 Bratislava; Slovakia
Desk phone: +421 2 5752 4382

The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message in error you should delete it from your system immediately and advise the sender. To any recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise stated, you should consider this message and attachments as ""HP CONFIDENTIAL"".