[Pacemaker] Apache server won't start

Diego Bevilaqua diego.bevilaqua86 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 15:58:00 EST 2011

Hello to you all.

I started researching Pacemaker/Corosync recently, as the company I work at
wants to change the current high availability infrastructure. I decided to
start by following the Cluster from Scratch step-to-step, and got a running
environment. As I saw it running smoothly - I could access, from any
machine, the address I had for the cluster, and it returned the page
according to the node Apache server was running on - , I decided to change
some configurations so as to test it running our application. Apache, as I
am trying, is being used as a load-balancer for some machines running a
cluster of Tomcat servlet containers, which in instance run our application.
However, when I inserted the changes for Apache to serve as a reverse proxy
for the Tomcat machines, it simply stoped working =\

The changes I made to the default Apache httpd.conf file were these:

# Load-balance configuration (mod_proxy)
Header add Set-Cookie "ROUTEID=.%{BALANCER_WORKER_ROUTE}e; path=/"
env=BALANCER_ROUTE_CHANGED
<Proxy balancer://tomcatCluster/>
BalancerMember http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/ route=1
BalancerMember http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/ route=2
ProxySet stickysession=ROUTEID
</Proxy>
ProxyPass / balancer://tomcatCluster/
ProxyPassReverse  /  balancer://tomcatCluster/

The error I'm getting is this:

Failed actions:
    WebSite_start_0 (node=worker-1, call=5, rc=1, status=complete): unknown
error

Strange thing is that, if I just run the apache service (/etc/init.d/httpd
start) it runs smoothly, and I can run the application using the machine's
IP in any of my network nodes. I really searched all over for some reason
for this, but couldn't find any, and the error message ("unknown error")
really didn't help much =\

I would really appreciate any help you could get me

--
Diego Bevilaqua
diego.bevilaqua86 at gmail.com