[Pacemaker] ipaddr2 & clusterip doubts.

Carlos G Mendioroz tron at huapi.ba.ar
Thu Feb 17 07:58:13 EST 2011

Hi,
I've found that ipaddr2 can use clusterip when running as clone.
(please correct me if I use some word in a not correct way,
denoting I fail to get some concept)

But my understanding is that clusterip might be beneficial also
in the active/standby case because of its use of a single mac
address.

I would create the active with 1 node and the standby alike,
but "demote" the standby by forcing it not to answer.

Questions:
-any obvious issue here ?
-I see some posts with CLUSTERIP and ARP related issues,
but I fail to understand a case where this happens.
If someone has a failure case I would appreciate it.

-Carlos

--
Carlos G Mendioroz  <tron at huapi.ba.ar>  LW7 EQI  Argentina