[Pacemaker] About the depth appointment of the monitor.

renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp
Thu Feb 17 03:04:12 EST 2011

Hi all,

I performed the depth appointment of the Filesystem resource in OCF_CHECK_LEVEL.

The monitor of depth seems to work well.

I was going to perform the same thing by the depeth appointment of the monitor action.
But, it does not move well.(This appointment becomes the error...)

(snip)
          <operations>
            <op id="prmFsPostgreSQLDB1-start-0s" interval="0s" name="start" on-fail="restart" timeout="480s"/>
            <op id="prmFsPostgreSQLDB1-monitor-10s" interval="10s" name="monitor" depth="20" on-fail="restart"/>
            <op id="prmFsPostgreSQLDB1-stop-0s" interval="0s" name="stop" on-fail="fence" timeout="60s"/>
          </operations>
(snip)

As a result of having tried it in various ways, I understood that it was necessary for the depth appointment to set it with an instance attribute.

(snip)
          <op id="prmFsPostgreSQLDB-monitor-10s" interval="10s" name="monitor" on-fail="restart" timeout="60s">
            <instance_attributes id="prmFsPostgreSQLDB-monitor-10s-instance_attributes">
              <nvpair id="prmFsPostgreSQLDB-monitor-10s-instance_attributes-depth" name="depth" value="20"/>
            </instance_attributes>
          </op>
(snip)

However, the depth monitor does not work when I appointed it with an instance attribute.

Will appointment of the monitors of depth be a future released function?

 * I was not found explanation (a document) about the depth appointment.
 * If there is a detailed commentary somewhere, please teach it.

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.