[Pacemaker] First confused (then enlightened ? :)

Carlos G Mendioroz tron at huapi.ba.ar
Sun Feb 13 06:56:42 EST 2011

Hi,
I'm trying to understand how to best implement a HA EE service.
Searching for linux + HA induced me to go linux-HA way (heartbeat?)
and that showed the path to pacemaker, and that open the way to corosync
and OpenAIS. No news for you I guess.

Is there a searchable repository of the list content so I may find
if some of my doubts are already explained ?

I have otherwise some specific questions:

-Is still the case that Heartbeat is not to be considered for new
deployments ? (I read something along that line)
-All IBM docs (RedBooks) point to Heartbeat. Is that because they are old ?
-I'm looking to implement Active + hot standby, and given my present
state of understanding, I was targetting something like VRRP + cluster
aware service. As I have a networking background, implementing VRRP
sounds sweet, but not migrating the MAC is kind of bitter.

Is it ok to discuss such details here ?

TIA,
-Carlos

--