[Pacemaker] Odd behaviour produced by resource migration

Dominik Dingel dingel at hep.physik.uni-siegen.de
Wed Feb 2 09:37:48 EST 2011

Hello there,

I'm currently setting up a two node cluster with:
- dual primary drbd
- dlm
- o2cb
- ocfs2 filesystem
- openvz container
to be a active-passiv cluster solution.

Stonith is configured to use IPMI and meatware as fallback, so even in
case where a server would be removed, the remaining node could be powered
on with little effort.
So now I'm testing all scenarios of the cluster. The migration of the
container is one thing which does not work as I would like it to work.

After a fresh power-on of both nodes and so the cluster came online,
resulting in this output:
http://pastebin.com/4Hdz5bjy

After issuing then the line:
> crm resource migrate resVZ
to move the container from node2 to node1 all services on node2 will be
stopped as msDRBD on node2 is demoted.
http://pastebin.com/yxgBkYTf
I don't understand why the resource (drbd) is demoted in the first place
and if there is a way to prevent this.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards

Dominik