[Pacemaker] OCFS2 problems when connectivity lost

Ivan Savčić | Epix ivan.savcic at epix.rs
Fri Dec 23 09:48:18 EST 2011

On 12/21/2011 7:26 PM, Reid, Mike wrote:
> Ivan,
>
> Can you post your configuration? Do you have STONITH enabled?
>
> I ran into similar issues in our Active/Active OCFS2/DRBD until we had a
> functioning STONITH, fwiw.

Thank you for your and Florian's reply.

It is indeed what was missing.

It took time for me to realize that "disconnected node" or "forcibly
shut down node" is UNCLEAN from Pacemaker's point of view and that some
kind of fencing still needs to be run so that Pacemaker can be sure that
that node is indeed dead and can tell the other node in the Clone to
proceed with regular operation.

Completely logical, intended and very much needed, I realize that now.

Thank you again for your help,

Ivan