[Pacemaker] ACL setup

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 18:35:53 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Andreas Kurz <andreas at hastexo.com> wrote:

> Hello Larry,
>
> On 12/09/2011 11:15 PM, Larry Brigman wrote:
> > I have installed pacemaker 1.1.5 and configure ACLs based on the info
> from
> > http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/acls.html
> >
> > It looks like the user still does not have read access.
> >
> > Here is the acl section of config
> >     <acls>
> >       <acl_role id="monitor">
> >         <read id="monitor-read" xpath="/cib"/>
> >       </acl_role>
> >       <acl_user id="nvs">
> >         <role_ref id="monitor"/>
> >       </acl_user>
> >       <acl_user id="acm">
> >         <role_ref id="monitor"/>
> >       </acl_user>
> >     </acls>
> >
> > Here is what the user is getting:
> > [nvs at sweng0057 ~]$ crm node show
> > Signon to CIB failed: connection failed
> > Init failed, could not perform requested operations
> > ERROR: cannot parse xml: no element found: line 1, column 0
> > [nvs at sweng0057 ~]$ crm status
> >
> > Connection to cluster failed: connection failed
> >

> > Any ideas as to why this wouldn't work and what to fix?
>
> If you really followed exactly the guide ... did you check user nvs
> already is in group "haclient"?

Thought of that.

Adding the user to the haclient group removes any restrictions as I was
able to
write to the config without error.

> You may only need to "reload" group membership for nvs by doing a
> logout/login or a "su - nvs".

Also did a logout/login and rerun the commands.  With the info as written,
it doesn't work
for me.  At the suggestion from one of my developers I changed the role
from monitor
to view.  This forced me to remove the user as I could not add a new role
to the same
user.  No success.