[Pacemaker] managing config files as resources

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Thu Dec 1 13:59:31 EST 2011

Hi Larry,

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 6:59 PM, Larry Brigman <larry.brigman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a method to manage individual files as resources?
> Which RA would be used and any pointer as to how to configure it would be
> great.
>
> Specifically we need to sync some files between nodes that have
> configuration data
> for our applications like which IP addresses are assigned to each node and
> what
> is the virtual IP of the cluster.

So these files change, dynamically, and _all_ cluster nodes need to
know about it? Or are the files just expected to move along with the
resources?

If the former, one possible approach is to put all files on central
storage (say, an NFS mount point), and then use ocf:heartbeat:symlink
to manage symlinks where your services expect to find the config
files.

If the latter, you can slap everything on DRBD, and mount the
DRBD-backed filesystem wherever your resource is active. You may, of
course, combine this with managed symlinks.

Cheers,
Florian

--
Need help with Pacemaker?