[Pacemaker] problems with shutdown order of master/slave resources

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Sun Oct 31 16:26:09 EDT 2010

31.10.2010 13:16, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
> Second problem worries me even more, it's been asked here by few other people already,
> but none of those seems to be my case..
> The problem is, that when some of the VM resources fails for some reason (startup fail,
> migration fail, whatever), crmd immediately tries to shutdown (restart) underlying resources
> including drbd, etc. which of course causes total mess...

Try 1.1.4, this was fixed (at least for me) after 1.1.3 - in
http://hg.clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/1.1/rev/3d2a39c03666.

Please note that downgrade back to 1.1.3 (if you fail with 1.1.4 for
some reason) could be impossible without manual intervention. You will
probably need to reduce crm_feature_set from 3.0.5 to 3.0.4 in CIB manually.

> I guess it would be good to first solve first problem, and if it doesn't solve second
> one, then search for solution of second one too.
>
> I've uploaded hb_report to http://nelide.cz/downloads/report.tar.bz2 could somebody please have a look on it?
>
> I'm using pacemaker 1.0.9.1 (tried today with latest stable-1.0 tip and 1.1.3 too) on latest
> centos 5, x86_64, 2.6.35 kernel.

Quite unusual setup btw.
I switched to Fedora 13 instead of risk of using newer kernels with
distributive which is not suited for them. I just do not like to rebuild
dozens of packages to make kernel features work ;)
>From what I see EL6 is going to be something in between of F12 and F13.

Best,
Vladislav