[Pacemaker] Impossible to add a 4th node to a cluster

Guillaume Chanaud guillaume.chanaud at connecting-nature.com
Fri Oct 29 12:15:03 EDT 2010

  Le 28/10/2010 22:08, Pavlos Parissis a écrit :
> On 28 October 2010 18:30, Guillaume Chanaud
> <guillaume.chanaud at connecting-nature.com>  wrote:
> [...snip...]
>>> corosync and auth files are the same on server2?
>>>
>> Yes of course :D (copied by scp), as i told server1 can join when server2 is
>> offline, and server 2 can join when server1 is offline, but if one is
>> online, the other can't join and log the above things in loop...
> xm you said that you server2 is a clone of server1, check if they have
> different uuids
Sorry, when i said clone this is because they are "almost" the same...In
fact it's not fs cloning, each server
has been installed/configured separately, i already checked uuid !
(server1 is id=16820416 server2 is id=33597632)
>> In fact i have loooooooottttttssssss of problem with
>> corosync/pacemaker...multicast/broadcast between physical
>> servers/virtual....lots of different shit everywhere, error log are always
>> different depending on what i try...
> try to go step up step,  make sure you have correct rings, check
> related threads about rings
The config file is exactly the same on each server, it's a pretty "base"
config...The only thing is it's broadcasting not multicasting...
Multicasting fail because of network i think...My infrastructure is made
of two physical filer + 2 physical servers hosting 5 VM each.
Everything communicate through a vlan in an dedicated host environment
(i do not own or control the physical layer part of the system...i
should rely on what my host provide...But communicating through a vlan
should not complicate multicasting/broadcasting i think...)
  here it is :
compatibility: whitetank
aisexec {
         # Run as root - this is necessary to be able to manage
resources with Pacemaker
         user: root
         group: root
}
service {
         # Load the Pacemaker Cluster Resource Manager
         name: pacemaker
         ver: 0
         use_logd: yes
}