[Pacemaker] Pacemaker-1.1.4, when?

Pavlos Parissis pavlos.parissis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 08:14:41 EDT 2010

On 29 October 2010 12:23, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Pavlos Parissis
> <pavlos.parissis at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 29 October 2010 11:47, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:
>> [...snip..]

>>> 1.1.3 is generally ok still, it was mostly performance stuff that went into .4
>>> You could update glib manually and rebuild the 1.1.4 packages though...
>>
>> I wont go down this path. So, for EPEL 1.1.3 is the last available
>> release without any upgrade paths,
>
> to be fair, there is an upgrade path, it just involves a version of
> glib2 that was released less than 4 years ago
>
>> that's not very nice for production
>> systems. I consider switching back to 1.0.9, which hopefully gets
>> updated.
>
> 1.0.10 is almost done

Initially, I moved to 1.1.3 in order to see if it solves bug #2500,
which is not solved, and stayed on 1.1.3, even I am using
pacemaker-1.0 schema, because I wanted to use the latest/greatest and
get regular updates.

Since there is no realistic upgrade path to 1.1.4 on EPEL, I am
wondering if there any benefit of staying on 1.1.3 compared to using
1.0.10.

Andrew, thanks for the clarifications, very much appreciated.
Pavlos