[Pacemaker] HA DHCP3 server on Ubuntu

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at clusterbau.com
Wed Oct 27 06:42:03 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 27 October 2010 11:10:59 Simon Jansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first of all, thanks for the answers.
(...)
> > RA: I'd prefer the init script since it is more specific for this
> > service.
> >
> > Please check if a good status() section is included that detects possible
> > problems.
>
> Ok. Thanks for the advice. The status section of the init script just
> ckecks if the pid file exists and if the ID in the file is equal to the ID
> in the output of 'ps -p'. Is there a better way to check if the service is
> running correctly or more exactly: is there a command to check if the dhcp
> server replies on requests?

add your own bash script to the init script that tries to get a IP address
from the server. That might be hard on the DHCP server itself ;-)

Otherwise you could check a management connection to the dhcp server.

See the "mon" package or nagios plugins for more inspiration.

> Thank you for the fantastic book that you wrote about Pacemaker and
> HA-clustering. It's a very good help in many situations. ;)

Nice hear that you liked it.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63