[Pacemaker] Move DRBD master

Dan Frincu dfrincu at streamwide.ro
Tue Oct 19 09:18:03 EDT 2010

Vadym Chepkov wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2010, at 3:42 AM, Pavlos Parissis wrote:
>

>> On 19 October 2010 01:18, Vadym Chepkov <vchepkov at gmail.com
>> <mailto:vchepkov at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi,
>>
>>     What is the crm shell command to move drbd master to a different
>>     node?
>>

>> take a look at this
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org/msg06300.html
>
> Wow, not the friendliest command I would say. Maybe "move" command can
> be enhanced to provide something similar?
>
> Thanks,
> Vadym
The _crm resource move/migrate <rsc>_ provides/creates the location
constraint within the crm shell.

In the example I gave:

_crm resource migrate ms_drbd_storage_

/WARNING: Creating rsc_location constraint 'cli-standby-ms_drbd_storage'
with a score of -INFINITY for resource ms_drbd_storage on cluster1.
*      This will prevent ms_drbd_storage from running on cluster1 until
the constraint is removed using the 'crm_resource -U' command or
manually with cibadmin
      This will be the case even if cluster1 is the last node in the cluster
*      This message can be disabled with -Q
/
The warning message appears in the console after executing the command
in the crm shell, running a crm configure show reveals the following:

/location cli-standby-ms_drbd_storage ms_drbd_storage \
        rule $id="cli-standby-rule-ms_drbd_storage" -inf: #uname eq cluster1
/
The example in the UEL above has been done manually to (probably)
provide an advisory placement constraint, the one set by _crm resource
move <rsc>_ is a mandatory placement constraint.

Regards,

Dan

Dan FRINCU
Systems Engineer