[Pacemaker] multiple ip addresses on ha firewall

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at clusterbau.com
Fri Oct 15 07:31:05 EDT 2010

On Friday 15 October 2010 11:57:48 Marcel Hauser wrote:
> Hi all
>
> what is the cleanest way to setup resources for an ha firewall with
> multiple (50) public ip's?
>
> do i have to create a resource for every single public ip and after that
> a resource for every internal ip (around 5 vlans) and then group them
> all together in a single group?

That is the easy way. Works quite nice. Beware that you have "ordered=false"
as a meta attribute on the group. Thus you start all addresses at the same
time and do not have to wait.

The hard way would be to write your own Resource Agent that starts a lot of IP
addresses.

Decide yourself.

And by the way: I am also earning my money with consulting ;-)

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63

Tel: (0163) 172 50 98