[Pacemaker] problem about move node from one clusterto another cluster

Dan Frincu dfrincu at streamwide.ro
Tue Oct 12 14:04:36 EDT 2010

Hi,

Depending on the openais version (please mention it) this behavior could
happen, I've seen it as well, on openais-0.8.0. What I've done to fix it
was to restart the openais process via /etc/init.d/openais restart. And
then it worked, however, this was one of the reasons I updated the
packages to the latest versions of corosync, pacemaker, etc. The tricky
part was doing the migration procedure for upgrading production servers
without service downtime, but that's another story.

Regards,

Dan

jiaju liu wrote:

>     Message: 2
>     Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:40:18 +0800 (CST)
>     From: jiaju liu <liujiaju86 at yahoo.com.cn
>     <http://cn.mc157.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=liujiaju86@yahoo.com.cn>>
>     To: pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org
>     <http://cn.mc157.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org>
>     Subject: [Pacemaker] problem about move node from one cluster to
>         another    cluster
>
>     hi everybody
>     I use command service openais stop first to stop openais service
>     and then use rm -rf /var/lib/heartbear/crm/*? clear all
>     information. then change multicast address and then use service
>     openais start  in another cluster.
>     the problem is sometimes it works well I  can use crm_mon command.
>     and sometimes it doesn't work. I use service openais status to
>     check. It shows Running. but I can not use crm_mon to connect to
>     cluster.
>     I found the reason may be directory?/var/lib/heartbear/crm/ is
>     empty. why??if I reboot ,it works again.WHY
>
>     Now when the is directory is not empty it sometimes also does not
>     work.
>     when I use* crm_mon* it shows
>     Attempting connection to the cluster..........................
>
>     when I use *crm node list *it shows
>     Signon to CIB failed: connection failed
>     Init failed, could not perform requested operations
>     ERROR: cannot parse output of cibadmin -Ql -o nodes: no element
>     found: line 1, column 0

>     An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Dan FRINCU
Systems Engineer