[Pacemaker] clones with regular resources

Alan Jones falancluster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 16:51:18 EDT 2010

I'm trying to configure a simple resource that depends on a local clone.
The configuration is below.
For those familiar with the Veritas Cluster Server, I'm trying to get
something like permanent resources.
Unfortunately, the simple resource (foo) will not start until *both* bar
clones are up.
The documentation says:
"Colocation of a regular (or group) resource with a clone means that the
resource can run on any machine with an active copy of the clone."
Which seems to suggest what I want to do, however, it also says:
"Ordering constraints behave slightly differently for clones. In the example
below, apache-stats will wait until all copies of the clone that need to be
started have done so before being started itself."
Which describes the behavior I'm seeing and don't want.
Any ideas?
Alan
---

primitive bar ocf:pacemaker:DummyNoStart \
    op start timeout=90 \
    op stop timeout=100 \
    op monitor interval=10 on-fail=restart start-delay=10 \
    meta failure-timeout=1 migration-threshold=0
clone bar-clone foo-bar
primitive foo ocf:pacemaker:DummySlow \
    op start timeout=90 \
    op stop timeout=100 \
    op monitor interval=10 timeout=600
order foo-order mandatory: bar-clone foo
colocation col-colo inf: foo bar-clone