[Pacemaker] How many nodes can join a cluster?

jiaju liu liujiaju86 at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Oct 18 20:58:01 EDT 2010

--- 10年10月18日,周一, pacemaker-request at oss.clusterlabs.org <pacemaker-request at oss.clusterlabs.org> 写道:

Hi I also use Pacemake manage Lustre system. Now I meet a question. If I mount and umount the same ost or mdt several times. It will last more then 3 minutes to mount this ost or mdt again.

No, not entirely. Pacemaker managed Lustre systems are quite common. And
although 126 nodes is a rather high number, it is still possible for large
sites. It also makes sense to manage Lustre in a global configuration,
although usually for Lustre a subset of two pairs forms an OSS or MDS Lustre
fail-over system. The reason is that Lustre requires an ordered shutdown
sequence (MDT first). While I already wrote scripts to that with the
traditional heartbeat pair setup, it is really far more complex than to do it
with pacemaker.
So our scripts generate a set of constraints that only pairs can run MDS/OSS
resources, but still everything is in global pacemaker setup.
We also have syslog-ng rules and a patched logd (patches sent to this list,
need to update them again) to filter out all pacemaker debug logs, so that we
can easily see messages from the lustre RA in syslogs.

Cheers,
Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert