[Pacemaker] Active / Active pacemaker configuration advice

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Wed Nov 24 17:02:42 EST 2010

--On Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:21:04 AM +0100 Marko Potocnik
<marko.potocnik at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using ftp just for test. I want a service to run on both nodes and
> only IP to move in case a service fails.
> I don't want to stop / start service if node fails.

You might be able to use the behavior of sshd as a hint on how to
proceed.  In that case, if you have sshd running on both nodes and
bound to the wildcard address, then you can have the floating IP
move around under the control of the cluter, but leave sshd starting
and stopping in the normal fashion (via rc scripts).

To a client, it *looks* like the sshd service moves back and forth
between the nodes, even though sshd itself is unmanaged.

On the other hand, if sshd binds to a specific IP, this mechanism
breaks.

(In the particular case of sshd, this only works of course if both
hosts have the same host key, otherwise the client will get warnings
about inconsistent server keys.)

Devin