[Pacemaker] crm resource restart fails to restart the service

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Fri Nov 19 08:26:44 EST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 01:35:24PM -0500, Vadym Chepkov wrote:

> >> Yep, that did the trick
> >
> > OK. These nodes are faster than what I have (or the other way
> > around), i.e. this seems to be timing issue.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dejan
> >

> well, I would say it's not normal, right?

I guess not, but what do you really mean? :)

> Are you going to include
> this "sleep" in the stable-1.0 branch ?

The sleep is currently included in the 1.1 branch, but it's not
a proper fix. If there are dependencies which take time to stop
then the restart will fail. In that case we'd need to wait for
the transition to finish. Right now, the shell doesn't have such
a facility, but should get one.

> or maybe some op_defaults
> reset_delay ?

That's still not general enough.