[Pacemaker] Stonith Device APC AP7900

Rick Cone rcone at securepaymentsystems.com
Mon Nov 15 10:40:45 EST 2010

Devin,

In production I am planning to have 2 separate AP7900 units each plugged
into 2 different APC UPS units to achieve that.  I would then have the
single node name on each, for each of the 2 PS's on the individual systems.
I'm currently testing at our other site that does not have multiple UPS
units, and the splitter was the solution.  I am concerned about 2 node names
on the outlets on the same AP7900, as it failed to work on all the names a
couple of times.  It would get at least 1 (the latter of the 2), put not
always both.  This failure was rare, but did happen.  The solution was to
always have just 1 outlet with the node name on the AP7900.  I have never
seen that fail.  Also, as suggested, I did reduce the interval of the
monitor time from 30s to 2h on the AP7900.  Perhaps that was a factor.

Thanks,

Rick