[Pacemaker] 2 node failover cluster + MySQL Master-Master replica setup

Dan Frincu dfrincu at streamwide.ro
Sun Nov 14 13:05:56 EST 2010

Ruzsinszky Attila wrote:
>> That's what I said - I didn't see it either.
>> but if you you check the current RA:
>>
> What do you think about this:
> http://www.lathiat.net/files/MySQL%20-%20DRBD%20&%20Pacemaker.pdf
>
> I can't see if this is a real M-M or M-S setup.

It's a Master-Slave setup.

This is the PDF I mentioned.

Offtopic: The setup in that PDF is pretty basic, I think the person that
wrote the document and myself share a lot of common views related to the
configuration, however I would advise using "drbdadm -- --clear-bitmap
new-current-uuid mysql" instead of "drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer
primary mysql" as the latter will start a synchronization process, which
is pointless in this case as the DRBD block device is empty so it will
be synchronizing empty space while the former synchronizes both servers'
partitions "instantly" (starting from version 8.3). Also, I'm impressed
to see naming like "ms ms_drbd_mysql drbd_mysql", "colocation
mysql_on_drbd inf: mysql ms_drbd_mysql:Master", "order mysql_after_drbd
inf: ms_drbd_mysql:promote mysql:start" in official documents, as this
is the naming I use as well when defining primitives, collocation and
ordering constraints. I know it's not much or that it really doesn't
matter how you name the resources and constraints, as long as they are
syntactically correct but I just couldn't get used to the resource
naming used in the DRBD documentation, sorry guys, you do an awesome
work, but 'primitive p_drbd_r0 ocf:linbit:drbd params
drbd_resource="r0"', " colocation c_drbd_r0-U_on_drbd_r0 inf:
ms_drbd_r0-U ms_drbd_r0:Master" and other such naming confused the life
out of me :)

Sorry for the Offtopic.

Regards,

Dan