[Pacemaker] Balancing of clone resources (globally-unique=true)

Chris Picton chris at ecntelecoms.com
Tue Nov 9 12:27:03 EST 2010

On 2010/11/09 7:07 PM, Vladimir Legeza wrote:
> The only solution I know, is to change "/clone-node-max/" param on the fly.
> See
> http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/2010-November/008148.html
> for details.

I have read the thread - it is a slightly different problem.  In your
case, it is possible that setting resource-stickiness=0 for the
resources, and clone-node-max to 4 or 8, will solve your problem, which
is to allow the resources to fail back to the nodes they were running on
originally.

In my case, setting clone-node-max=1 will work, until a node fails, in
which case I would have to change it again.  I would rather not have to
change cluster parametersin this manner.