[Pacemaker] Manually controlled cluster

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at clusterbau.com
Thu Nov 4 06:30:49 EDT 2010

On Thursday 04 November 2010 11:23:18 Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to create a cluster with DRBD, Filesystem, a service and an IP
> address. Failover should only be triggered by a sys admin and not happen
> automatically. I was wondering if I could solve this with a
>
> symmetric-cluster="false"
>
> property of the cluster. How does the CRM start resources on nodes? Do I
> have to set
>
> crm resource start <resource>
>
> manually? Or how does it work. Thanks.

Ok, I read the 1.1 pacemaker doc section 6.2.2. This should do the trick.
See: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-
US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/ch06s02s02.html

I can make the DRBD master run on the first node and the secondary on the
second node. How do I prevent the DRBD being promoted automatically on the
second node if the first node fails?

Thanks for any hints.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff