[Pacemaker] Balancing of clone resources (globally-unique=true)

Chris Picton chris at ecntelecoms.com
Tue Nov 9 11:51:22 EST 2010

 From a previous thread (crm_resource - migrating/halt a cloned resource)

Andrew Beekhof wrote:
 > bottom line, you don't get to chose where specific clone instances
 > get placed.

In my case, I have a clone:
primitive clusterip-9 ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
         params ip="192.168.0.9" cidr_netmask="24" \
	clusterip_hash="sourceip" nic="bondE" \
         op monitor interval="30s" \
         meta resource-stickiness="0"

clone clusterip-9-clone clusterip-9 \
         meta globally-unique="true" clone-max="2" \
	clone-node-max="2" resource_stickiness="0"

When I start the clone, both instances start on the same node:

Clone Set: clusterip-9-clone (unique)
      clusterip-9:0      (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started
slb-test-01.ecntelecoms.za.net
      clusterip-9:1      (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started
slb-test-01.ecntelecoms.za.net

The second node has a colocated set of standalone IP addresses running,
so I assume that pacemaker is pushing both clusterip clones to the
second node to balance resources.

My scores look like (0 for everything to do with this resource)
clone_color: clusterip-9-clone allocation score on
slb-test-01.ecntelecoms.za.net: 0
clone_color: clusterip-9-clone allocation score on
slb-test-02.ecntelecoms.za.net: 0
clone_color: clusterip-9:0 allocation score on
slb-test-01.ecntelecoms.za.net: 0
clone_color: clusterip-9:0 allocation score on
slb-test-02.ecntelecoms.za.net: 0
clone_color: clusterip-9:1 allocation score on
slb-test-01.ecntelecoms.za.net: 0
clone_color: clusterip-9:1 allocation score on
slb-test-02.ecntelecoms.za.net: 0
native_color: clusterip-9:0 allocation score on
slb-test-01.ecntelecoms.za.net: 0
native_color: clusterip-9:0 allocation score on
slb-test-02.ecntelecoms.za.net: 0
native_color: clusterip-9:1 allocation score on
slb-test-01.ecntelecoms.za.net: 0
native_color: clusterip-9:1 allocation score on
slb-test-02.ecntelecoms.za.net: 0

Is there a way to request pacemaker to try split the clones up if
possible over the available nodes?

Regards

Chris