[Pacemaker] SBD Fencing daemon: explain me more clear

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at novell.com
Tue Jun 15 09:36:31 EDT 2010

On 2010-06-15T16:32:12, Aleksey Zholdak <aleksey at zholdak.com> wrote:

> > Timeout (watchdog) : 180
> > Timeout (allocate) : 2
> > Timeout (loop)     : 10
> > Timeout (msgwait)  : 200
>
> But I see, that node1 resets node2 (or vice versa, or each other)
> when it does not update its slot for 10 seconds...

sbd doesn't actively update the slot regularly. There's nothing in sbd
that would do that. Short of the watchdog expiring, sbd never fences by
itself.

Can you elaborate "does not update its slot for 10 seconds" more
clearly?

I assume you have something else happening that causes openais/corosync
to report a node down event and then of course pacemaker will fence.

> > Why is the MPIO scenario so slow?
> These questions needs to be asked to developers mptsas (novell + hp)

You should really file a service request then then with either vendor.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.