[Pacemaker] Each node creates its own cluster

Vogelsang, Andreas a.vogelsang at uni-muenster.de
Tue Jul 27 10:07:20 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

we are going to set up a cluster with openSUSE 11.2 and pacemaker / corosync.
We've installed the software and configured it like it's explained in the Book "Clusterbau: Hochverfügbarkeit mit pacemaker, OpenAIS, heartbeat und LVS" by Mr. Schwartzkopff. But in the corosync.conf we can't use the time 2500ms for "consensus". This creates an error when we start corosync. We must use a value which is 1.2 X higher than the time for "token".

But now to the main problem. We've got three Nodes with openSUSE 11.2 and every Node is the DC of his own Cluster. In the GUI we only can see the Node and a "cibadmin -Q" shows us this information (file is attached).

We've also deleted the CIB with the command "cibadmin -E --force" . But the only thing what is changing is the CIB epoch.

How we can add the nodes to one cluster?

Is it because the consensus time in the corosync.conf?

Attached you find the corosync.conf and the cibadmin.xml which is generated with the command "cibadmin -Q > cibadmin.xml"

---
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Andreas Vogelsang