[Pacemaker] running same resource on each node

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Mon Jan 25 12:35:26 EST 2010

On 01/25/2010 06:19 PM, Schaefer, Diane E wrote:
> I need to be able to stop this resource on only one node of the cluster
> at a time to do maintenance tasks.  If I define it as a clone, a stop
> resource stops both sides.

you can
a) add contraints so that the clone is stopped on one host only
(e.g. via "crm migrate $res $node") or
b) put that node into standby via "crm node standby $node"

in addition, you can for example  use n-1 clones, so one host is always
free.

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15