[Pacemaker] APC Master Stonith

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Thu Jan 21 03:34:30 EST 2010

Sander van Vugt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 07:56 +0100, Dominik Klein wrote:
>> Errol Neal wrote:

>>> What type of device are you trying to get the plugin to work with?
>>> I'm using APC rack PDUs and this plugin did not work by default for me. I had to hack it to get it work for me, but
>>> it works exactly how I wanted it to. By the way, I'm not using the snmp - i'm using telnet.
>>>
>>> So here is how mine's is configured:
>>>
>>> primitive stonith-apcmaster-axigen2 stonith:apcmaster \
>>>         params ipaddr="x.x.x.x login="axigen2" password="x.x.x.x" \
>>>         op monitor interval="120s" timeout="20s" \
>>>         op startup interval="0" timeout="60s" \
>>>
>>> Then I have a constraint that prohibits it a node from committing suicide.
>
> I'm interested in knowing how you configured this constraint. As I
> understand it now, there should be one primitive only in the cluster to
> address the PDU, which would be used to perform STONITH on all nodes
> that need one. You probably used a location constraint, but how exactly?

You don't need the location constraint. Even if the stonith resource was
running on the node that is to be shot, the cluster would start it on
the other node and then shoot the appropriate node.

>> I'd also be interested in the changes.
>>
>> The apcmastersnmp plugin does work for me with APC7920 though.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dominik
>>
> Dominic, I'd be interested to know how you configured the apcmastersnmp
> plugin. Would you mind sending me your configuration?

primitive apcstonith-test stonith:apcmastersnmp \
	params community="my-community" port="161" ipaddr="1.1.1.1" \
	op monitor interval="3600" timeout="120" \
	op start interval="0" requires="nothing" \
	meta target-role="Started"

Regards
Dominik