[Pacemaker] Pre-Announce: End of 0.6 support is near

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Mon Jan 18 06:09:46 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Florian Haas <florian.haas at linbit.com> wrote:
> On 2010-01-18 11:18, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> Biggest caveat is the networking issue that makes pacemaker 1.0
>> wire-incompatible with pacemaker 0.6 (and heartbeat 2.1.x).
>> So rolling upgrades are out and you'd need to look at one of the other
>> upgrade strategies.
>
> Even though I've bugged you about this repeatedly in the past, I'll
> reiterate that I think this non-support of rolling upgrades is a bad
> thing(tm).

Its not something that was done intentionally, and we have tests in
place to ensure it doesn't happen again.
But given that to-date about 4 people have noticed it didn't work (and
my employer has no interest in older versions especially when they're
running heartbeat), I have no current inclination to spend time on the
problem myself.

That doesn't prevent the vocal minority that maintain its a huge issue
affecting half the globe from fixing the problem instead of being a
pests.  If you spent have as much time looking into the problem as
moaning about it, it would probably be done by now.