[Pacemaker] cli configuration and resource sets

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 18 14:36:21 EST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 05:33:53PM +0100, Cristian Mammoli - Apra Sistemi wrote:
> Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
>
> >>Last packages from clusterlabs repo: should be ok?
> >
> >I'm really not sure. See the bugzilla above. The problem is that
> >at the time of 1.0.7 the CRM and the shell were out of sync on
> >the matter.
>
> My package has build date: Wed 10 Feb 2010

OK, that should be fine. Just don't use unreleased versions for
production.

> It should be fixed, indeed the xml syntax of a test resource has the
> score only at "rsc_colocation" level.
>
> >>Where can I find some examples of resource sets through the cli?
> >
> >The doc on crm cli: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/crm_cli.html
> >but the resource sets are not described. I'll fix that tomorrow.
> >
> Thank you
>
> >>Basically what I want is
> >>
> >>Promote resource A master on some node
> >>Then Start resource B on the same node
> >>Then Start resources C,D,E unordered on the same node
> >>
> >>Is colocation sufficient or i need both an order constraint and a
> >>colo constraint?
> >
> >What you described above is order of operations:
> >
> >order o1 inf: A:promote B:start ( C D E )
>
> http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.0/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-resource-sets-collocation.html
> What's the purpose of the last example at chapther 6.6 of "pacemaker
> explained" then?

Sorry, didn't read careful enough, was distracted by the actions
in the description. Yes, you need both the order and the
collocation.

> Isn't it supposed to do what I want?

I guess so.

> Basically what I want to achieve is the same behaviour of an
> unordered group of heartbeat 2.1.4.

Why don't you keep the unordered group?

> Isn't there a way to obtain the same? Now if i have 10 unordered
> resources I should write 10 colocation constraints and 10 order
> constraints instead of 1.

I'm a bit confused. You already used an unordered group and
resource sets. Shouldn't they do?

Thanks,

Dejan