[Pacemaker] stonith-ng and old stonithd in pcmk 1.1

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Feb 11 08:12:31 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Though you haven't made any announcement, it seems like the old
> stonithd is removed from Pacemaker 1.1 and replaced by a brand
> new stonith daemon. That's most probably the way to go, but I'm
> worried because the new code didn't see much field testing.

Which is why we're not pushing it as a stable release yet...
Though I have spent quite some time testing it myself, both manually
and via cts.

The code has already been through a number of iterations, I'm quite
confident in it.

> Is there a way to keep the old stonithd and allow users to choose
> which stonith daemon to use at runtime?

Nope.  People concerned by this should continue using 1.0 (which will
remain the current "frozen" stable series until 1.2 comes out) and
wait until others report its ok.