[Pacemaker] Multi-level ACLs for the CIB

Yan Gao ygao at novell.com
Thu Feb 4 01:02:52 EST 2010

On 02/04/10 12:36, Tim Serong wrote:
> On 2/4/2010 at 02:52 PM, Yan Gao <ygao at novell.com> wrote:
>>
>> Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>>> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 6:14 AM, Yan Gao <ygao at novell.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> [snip]

>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> Quick question, have you tried using crm_mon with a configuration like
>> this?
>>> I'm pretty sure you'll get nothing sensible as it can't find the resources.
>> Indeed. I ever thought that the information from "<status..." could be enough
>> for monitoring, while then realized both of the nodes and resources from
>> "<configuration..." are required.
>>

>>> Might want to think about how to deal with that...
>> We could either give some well defined ACLs for that, or is it possible that
>> crm_mon doesn't dependent on the info from "configration"?
>
> I don't think so...  cib/configuration/resources etc. is the canonical
> source for what's configured, and may include things for which there is
> no status information yet.  There's nothing in cib/status yet, for example,
> if the cluster is just starting up, yet crm_mon will still show you the
> configured nodes and resources.  I've followed the same logic with Hawk,
> too, i.e. I'm interrogating cib/configuration to see what's meant to be
> there, then later check cib/status to see if it actually is.
That makes sense. What's showing up totally depends on how many information
for the pe_working_set to unpack.

> Default ACL that grants everyone read access to configuration, maybe?
I'd not prefer defaulting it. We could set it for an user/role properly, or
in a template for user to reference, instead of breaking the ACL policy.

Thanks,
  Yan
--
Yan Gao <ygao at novell.com>