[Pacemaker] About the wrong calculation of the value of "expected vote".

renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp renayama19661014 at ybb.ne.jp
Wed Feb 24 04:06:50 EST 2010

Hi,

I found a problem of "exptected vote" by three node constitution.

The value of "expected vote" which I expected was 3.
but, "expected vote" become 2.

[root at srv01 ~]# crm_mon -1
============
Last updated: Wed Feb 24 17:56:06 2010
Stack: openais
Current DC: srv01 - partition with quorum
Version: 1.0.7-2eed906f43e90ee1e0f7d411f814fc585b30f869
3 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
0 Resources configured.
============

Online: [ srv01 srv02 srv03 ]

It reappears in the next procedure.

Step1) Cleanup /var/lib/heartbeat/crm.
Step2) Start three nodes at the same time.

The problem is so that a configuration change from corosync is completed somehow or other before
"expected vote" turns into 2 from 1024.
"expected vote" is changed to 2 after start of crmd.
It seems to be caused by the fact that a configuration change of corosync is completed before start of
crmd is completed.

Is there the setting to break off a problem?
Is this problem already reported?

 * I send the result of hb_report.

Best Regards,
Hideo Yamauchi.