[Pacemaker] Quorum woes

Niklas Karlsson niklas.karlsson at ngm.se
Tue Feb 23 04:34:42 EST 2010

Hi.

I'm a bit confused about the two-node Debian Lenny-based
corosync/pacemaker cluster I've been doing some testing with. It's
configured with two nodes, two expected votes, the nodes can see each
other and agree on who's the DC, yet quorum seems never to be achieved.

The packages were taken from the Madkiss repository.

Now, quorum isn't really very interesting in a two-node cluster, but
since all the documentation and examples I can find seems to think I
SHOULD get a quorum with two out of two nodes up, I'm a bit concerned
whether I'm missing something fundamental...

Here's some output:

http://pastebin.com/vGHhn2mz

The other node, sv-openais-02, has the same corosync.conf. I can't find
anything obviously interesting in the logs other than warnings that "we
do not have quorum", but perhaps I should turn on debug?

I'd appreciate any pointers in the right direction. Please let me know
if there's any more information needed.

Thanks,
Niklas
--
Niklas Karlsson
System Administrator, Nordic Growth Market
niklas.karlsson at ngm.se