[Pacemaker] Single Node Cluster and Resource Management

ant1spamz-pacemaker at yahoo.com ant1spamz-pacemaker at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 11 05:11:28 EST 2010

> now when I simulate a network failure (iptables -s web1.testcluster -j DROP)
> apache is correctly failed.  When pingd re-establishes connection the
> Apache constraint must be reversed and Apache simply started.
> how do I achieve the automatic resource restart?

it will happen whenever the pingd resource redetects network
connectivity (up to 15s later) based on your monitor interval

>> So this means setting my timeout detection to a higher value in order to give
>>the Apache resource enough time to start?
>> Would imagine similar to this: In first stages, my heartbeat would hard reset
>>the server because Corosync didnt start in time.

> Could my monitor constraint on the apache resource be in conflict with
> pingd?

shouldn't be, did you wait long enough for connectivity to return and
the next monitor op to happen?

Above?

what would be a good time out 60s? (light starting, typical php box with mysql
backend)

Conf File  - Because my mouse scroller doesn't like to be used for walls of
text, SysAdmins need only SHIFT + PgUp or PgDown