[Pacemaker] OCF RA dev guide: final heads up

Bob Schatz bschatz at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 14:12:50 EST 2010

Florian,

Thanks for writing this!

I already found one or two errors related to return codes in my agent based on
your document. :)

I have not read the entire document but I do have these comments:

1.Does this document apply to all versions of the agent framework or only
certain versions(hopefully all in one place)?  I think the document should have
a section which specifies which versions are covered.  Also, if certain areas
only apply to a certain version then a "Note" should be mentioned in the
section.

2.    In Section 3.8  OCF_NOT_RUNNING, how can a monitor return
OCF_FAILED_MASTER?   Is there an environment variable passed to the monitor
action which says "I think you are a master - tell me if you or are not"?

3.    In Section 5.3 monitor action, it would be nice if you show how a
OCF_FAILED_MASTER is returned.

4.    Sections 5.8 migrate_to action and 5.9 migrate_from action, do these apply
to master/slave resources also or only to primitive resources?

5.    Section 5.10 notify action, I think you to want to add a note/reference to
the Pacemaker Configuration Explained section "10.3.3.9 Proper Interpretation of
Notification Environment Variables".  (Section name may be different as I was
looking at 1.0 from about a year ago).

6.    Section 8.4 Specifying a master preference, starting in at least version
of Pacemaker 1.0.9.1 it is possible to specify a negative master score.  I think
it would be good to add this to the example as well as a note about which
version has this functionality since it was broken in 1.0.6.

Thanks,

Bob