[Pacemaker] Do I need a resource for a clustered LVM volume group or not?

Mike Diehn mike.diehn at ansys.com
Wed Dec 8 10:54:06 EST 2010

Hello all.

First post.  :-)

I'm building a cluster for an Apache served subversion server.  I want to
use OCFS2 on an LVM2 logical volume.  The PV for the volume group is a SAN
LAN connected to the nodes with fiber channel.

Some examples I found showed configuring a resource with ocf:heartbeat:LVM,
presumably to active the volume group?  Do I need that?  I ask because....

Once the cluster gets dlm, clvm and o2cb running on a node, I can always see
the volume group on that node with vgscan.  Before dlm and clvm is running,
I can't - which makes perfect sense.

Seems like I could just add a resource to mount the file system on each
node, one for the IP, one for apache and away I go.

Sincerely,
Mike

--
Mike Diehn