[Pacemaker] order constraint based on any one of many

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Fri Aug 27 10:23:49 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 4:03 AM, Patrick Irvine <pirv at cybersites.ca> wrote:
> Hi Vishal & list,
>
> Thanks for the info.  Unfortuantly that won't due since this clone (glfs) is
> the actual mounting of the user's home directorys and needs to be mounted
> whither the local glfsd(server) is running or not.  I do think I have a
> solution, it's some what of a hack.
>
> If I turn my glfsd-x (servers) into a single master with multiple slaves
> (cloned resources) then I could order the glfs(client) clone after the
> master starts
>
> ie.
>
> order glfs-after-glfsd-ORDER    inf: clone-glfsd:master clone-glfs
>
> this would achive what I want I think,
>
> I would ofcourse have to insure that even if only one of the glfs-x servers
> is running, it would be master.
>
> any comments?

that should work, though i dont really understand why glfsd cant just
be a regular clone.
why would it need to be a master/slave?

also a possibility is to clone the glfsd group (ie. glfsd-1-GROUP) -
the trick is making the IPaddr agent factor in the clone number when
deciding which IP to start.
there should be something like that in IPaddr or IPaddr2 but it may
not be fully baked.

> (and was I understandable?)

yes :-)