[Pacemaker] clmvd hangs on node1 if node2 is fenced

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Fri Aug 27 10:00:27 EDT 2010

Tim Serong wrote:
> On 8/27/2010 at 03:37 PM, Michael Smith <msmith at cbnco.com> wrote:

>> I think I'd consider it a bug: I've disabled stonith, so dlm shouldn't
>> wait forever for a fence operation that isn't going to happen.

> I reckon if you set the args parameter of your ocf:pacemaker:controld
> resource to "-f 0 -q 0", you'll have DLM ignoring fencing.

Yes, that does the trick. Thank you (for helping me make my cluster as
unsafe as I want it to be :)

>   http://ourobengr.com/stonith-story

In my mind, with two nodes, a cloud passes over the moon for a second,
it goes momentarily dark, and when the light comes back both nodes are
found dead of gunshot wounds, even though they're both holding hands
over the shared storage fire with SBD. But that's a separate problem.

> If DLM is ignoring fencing, everything that uses DLM is also going to
> ignore fencing, so if you've got (say) an OCFS2 filesystem on top of
> your CLVM volume, your filesystem will potentially be toast in a
> split-brain situation.

Yes, and I guess it would also cause problems if we used CLVM with
exclusive locks.

Thanks again.

Mike