[Pacemaker] how to keep ftp connection when swap from primary to secondary

Ultrabug ultrabug at ultrabug.net
Fri Aug 27 03:28:47 EDT 2010

On 26/08/2010 18:44, Liang.Ma at asc-csa.gc.ca wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

> I installed ipvsadm and ran
>
> ipvsadm --start-daemon=master --mcast-interface=eth0
>
> in master node and
>
> ipvsadm --start-daemon=backup --mcast-interface=eth0
>
> in backup node. But still i lost ftp connection during node swap.

Did you actually check that connections get replicated using `ipvadm -Lc` ?

In recent kernels there is a IPVS Helper for FTP (see CONFIG_IP_VS_FTP
on your kernel). I don't use it myself but maybe it could help you
achieve what you want.

I'll stop here since we're drifting topic on this ML, if something is
unclear to you, feel free to mail me directly.

Kind regards,