[Pacemaker] clmvd hangs on node1 if node2 is fenced

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Fri Aug 27 01:37:37 EDT 2010

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010, Tim Serong wrote:

> > for now I have stonith-enabled="false" in
> > my CIB. Is there a way to make clvmd/dlm respect it?
>
> No.  At least, I don't think so, and/or I hope not :)

I think I'd consider it a bug: I've disabled stonith, so dlm shouldn't
wait forever for a fence operation that isn't going to happen.

CLVM is just making the metadata cluster-aware, so the only way I can
imagine screwing things up without fencing would be if I ran something
like lvresize on two nodes at the same time, during a split brain.

Mike